QSC's Digital Cinema Monitors provide signal processing and monitor functions in a single integrated system. Designed to be used with QSC's Digital Cinema Amplifiers (DCAs), DCMs optimize loudspeaker performance while simplifying cinema sound system wiring and configuration. The DCM 10D and DCM 30D cover cinema systems ranging from three to five screen channels, and are configurable for bi-amp, tri-amp or quad-amp operation. DCMs are also compatible with all cinema processor formats including Dolby Digital Surround-EX and DTS-ES.
Digital Signal Processing
The DCM's digital signal processing capability outperforms traditional analog crossovers for optimized speaker performance. Crossover frequency, parametric equalization, polarity and gain can be precisely adjusted for each speaker in your system. Digital delays, adjustable in 20 μs increments, assure proper acoustical time-alignment of loudspeaker drivers for smooth frequency response, especially critical in three-way and four-way systems. An active emergency bypass crossover with redundent power supply is also included for fail-safe operation.
Less wiring, faster setup
DCMs greatly simplify system wiring and set-up, significantly reducing installation time and labor cost. Input to the DCM is provided via a standard DB-25 cable from the cinema processor. Connections to DCA amplifiers for input and monitor signals are made through a single QSC DataPort/VGA-style cable. All traditional XLR and barrier strip terminations are eliminated.
DCMs also simplify set-up by using a menu-driven, PC-based software program for configuration. The program includes a speaker data file that lists default parameters for popular cinema speaker models. Commonly used configurations can also be saved on a disk, allowing you to quickly load them on other DCMs.
Advanced Monitor Functions
In addition to audio monitoring of amplifier inputs and outputs, DCMs include QSC's exclusive ""load fault"" detection. DCMs monitor all amplifier outputs and indicate opens and shorts in the speaker system and wiring via LED ""load fault"" indicators, providing confirmation that all amplifier outputs are functioning properly.
- Real-time software control via USB.
- Bi-amp, tri-amp and quad-amp configuration.
- Analog inputs or AES/EBU.
- User defined auxiliary outputs.
- Provides Monitor and Crossover functions in one box.
- Digital Signal Processing for State-of-the-art sound quality (high dynamic range).
- Fast system setup time (especially in megaplexes with similar rooms).
- Simple connections with QSC DataPort connectivity. Only one cable per amplifier needed (contains two signal inputs, two signal returns, power on/standby control and two channels of load monitoring).
- Exclusive ""Load Fault"" detection indicates speaker system or wiring faults.
- Simple crossover adjustments via PC with password control for tamper proof system adjustments.
- Lower system cost than existing quad-amp solutions.
- Compatible with all current sound formats; 3-5 screen channels, 5.1 - 7.1.
- 3 year warranty plus optional 3 year extended service contract.