The SB-118F single 18-inch and SB-218F dual 18-inch subwoofers are designed specifically for low frequency enhancement in cinema applications, especially for low frequency content of the surround channels using bass management techniques. A common application is suspending these enclosures from the cinema ceiling in proximity to the wall mounted surround loudspeakers for which the SB-118F/218F provides low frequency enhancement. The SB-118F/218F covers the frequency range from 37 Hz to 230 Hz.
These enclosures are designed for safe and easy suspension using eight built-in M10 fly points. Heavily braced, tour grade 15 mm plywood construction provides great strength while keeping weight to a minimum. The custom 800 watt, 18-inch transducers were developed especially for cinema use. They feature large 4-inch (101 mm) voice coils and a multi-vented pole piece to ensure cool operation, even at high power levels. Cooler temperatures increase transducer lifespan and decrease the problem of power compression at high power.
- High output performance with 800 W/1600 W continuous power rating
- Eight built-in M10 mounting points for overhead suspension
- 15 mm plywood construction for increased cabinet structural integrity
- 4 ohm impedance for efficient amplifier power
- Side mounted hand holds for easy handling during installation
- Foam-lined perforated steel grille
- Barrier Strip and Neutrik SpeakOn® connection