With the advent of the new 3D digital projection formats, audio systems in movie theatres need to evolve so that the audience can be immersed in the sound field and enjoy a true 3D sound experience. Technologies like Atmos or Auro3D use speaker systems installed in the ceiling of the auditorium to wrap the audience and locate any sound in any point in the auditorium. The K.C.S. engineering department has developed a new two-way ceiling speaker system to fulfil the needs for S.P.L., coverage, frequency, response and sound qualit with the new formats.
The SR-28 speaker system is designed to operate as a surround channel enabling proper coverage of the whole auditorium. To this end, it features a 12’’ low-frequency speaker with high sensitivity and large power handling characteristics, providing a high level of bass sound and extended frequency
- Two-way speaker system with maximum S.P.L. and minimum distortion.
- Optimised for 3D surround sound reproduction.
- Constant radiation horns.
- Special brackets and accessories for ceiling installation.
- 12’’ speaker for extended and for spectacular bass response and a 1’’ medium/high frequency unit.
- RMS (Average) power handling: 360W.
- Peak power handling: 1440W.
- Frequency range (-10 dB): 50 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ωhms.
- Sensitivity 1W/1m: 99 dB S.P.L. Half-space / 96 dB S.P.L. Free-field.
- Rated maximum peak S.P.L.: 131 dB S.P.L. 1m.
- Breamwidth: 90ºH x 50º V.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 62 x 40 x 37 cm / 24 x 16 x 14.5 in.
- Weight: 14.4 kg.