The SRX-R815P is an HDR-ready 4K laser projection system for digital cinema applications. This high-performance projection system ensures an impressively immersive, true-to-life visual entertainment experience in 2D or 3D for movie audiences.
The SRX-R815P delivers outstandingly crisp, high-contrast images through the combination of precision optics and Sony's advanced 4K native Silicon X-tal Reflective Display (SXRD) panel technology.
An industry-leading contrast ratio of 10,000:1 combined with a brightness of 15,000 lumens allows stunning presentation of standard cinema content as well as High Dynamic Range (HDR) on suitably sized screens. The projector's reliable, long-lasting laser light source effectively eliminates the need for lamp replacement that's typically required with conventional cinema projectors.
- HDR ready with high 10,000:1 contrast ratio
The projector's optical engine can create extremely high contrast 10,000:1 images by reducing internal light leakage, giving a more lifelike picture with bright, sparkling highlights and very dark blacks. This makes the SRX-R815P ideal for presenting HDR (High Dynamic Range) content.
- Easy-on-the-eye Sony 3D performance with no flashing
Sony’s unique dual lens system displays 3D movies. The dual lens combined with 3D technology projects the Left and Right eye images simultaneously to achieve crisp 3D images, giving none of the flashing issues associated with systems that use 'triple flash' image alternation technology.
- True 4K images in lens and integrated media block
The SRX-R815P offers true 4K projection that conforms to the DCI specification, with 4096 x 2160 pixels, four times the resolution of 2K and HD. The F2.5 large aperture lens is made from ELD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass to create super fine pitch 4K image. Unlike competitor systems that combine a 2K lens with a 4K media block, the SRX-R815P features a 4K SXRD panel and 4K lens for true 4K images at the highest resolution.
Long lasting laser light source
- The SRX-R815P features a reliable, long-lasting laser light source. This effectively eliminates the need for frequent lamp replacement that's typically required with conventional projectors.
- High brightness on cinema screens up to 17.6 metres wide
The SRX-R815P offers a high brightness of 15,000 lumens - ideal for presentation on screens up to 17.6 metres wide.
- High speed content ingest/transfer and high capacity storage. High network transfer speeds via USB 3.0 allow theatre managers to create flexible show scheduling. Storage capacity can be expanded from 4TB up to a maximum 8TB.
- Larger size GUI and remote PC control of screen management system software. The SRX-R815P has a large 15-inch Graphical User Interface (GUI) that is consistent with the Sony Theatre Management System. This allows the operator to set up the projector, manage content and create a complete show-schedule. In addition, the system supports remote PC control to make theatre operation more effective.
- Flexible alternative content input configuration
The projector is equipped with HDMI 2 inputs as standard for presentation of alternative content.